Position: Event Technician
The Stage Bus is an innovative mobile stage company based in Halesowen. We supply performance spaces for outdoor events throughout the UK. We offer a friendly, flexible and down-to-earth workplace culture and a ‘can do’ attitude.
Due to growth we are looking to employ another Event Technician to join our team. The successful applicants will join a small team of staff responsible for managing events on the ground, this will include sound and lighting engineering, stage management, driving and liaising with clients. When not on events the successful applicants will also assist with supporting the team with day to day tasks in the office and workshop.
We will provide induction to the company, including information about its ethos, product range, training, guidance and support. We will expect the successful candidate to show an interest in the company as a whole and to manage their own time and training needs effectively.
The contract hours are negotiable but will include out of hours and weekend working depending on when events are booked. Time worked not on events is flexible and can be spread at any time over the week and can be regular and changing on a week by week basis.
The contracts on offer are for permanent positions, however will be subject to a probationary period. Salary is a set hourly rate, events are paid at a higher daily rate. The successful applicants will have regular performance reviews to ensure they are meeting the requirements of the role.
The company operates out of industrial premises which we use for warehousing, maintenance and manufacture. Within the warehouse we have a portacabin which operates as an office for the company.
Responsibilities and duties
The postholders will:
– Build professional relationships with our customers.
– Develop a good understanding of the companies core business – operations and limitations.
– Develop a working knowledge of how stages are operated.
– Co-operate in planning of rotas to crew events and crew a fair share of events.
– Take shared responsibility for the day to day vehicle checks
– Ensure that basic vehicle checks are performed and documented prior to taking vehicles out on events.
– Ensure vehicles are correctly packed for events and all required equipment is in good working order.
– Feedback any faults to the team and co-operate with the team to perform repairs.
– The post-holder will be allocated personal tasks for which they will take responsibility, these will depend on the skills and experience of the post-holder but may include some of the following:
— writing and updating risk assessments
— supporting the office staff with basic administration
— contributing to outgoing sales and marketing
— performing vehicle/equipment repairs within their capabilities
— providing holiday cover for other members of staff
— any other tasks which the post-holder shows an interest in
– Work with the team to ensure the office and warehouse is kept clean, tidy and stocked with essential supplies.
Essential skills and behaviours
– Ability to manage all aspects of stage management when on events, including sound and lighting engineering.
– Ability to remain calm under pressure and work effectively with clients during stressful situations.
-A full UK driving licence and willingness to learn to drive large vehicles.
– Confident when working independently.
– Basic literacy including spelling and grammar. This is required for emailing customers.
– Competent numeracy skills.
– Confident user of computers and IT systems.
-A friendly and clear telephone manner when calling clients.
– Ability to maintain basic record-keeping.
– Independent thinking and willingness to work flexibly within a small business.
Desirable skills and behaviours
– Experience of working on event sites and dealing directly with clients.
– Everyday IT repair abilities eg reinstall software, restart systems, etc.
– HGV driving licence or experience of driving larger vehicles.
– Interest and experience in vehicle mechanics and maintenance
– A genuine interest in outdoor events, festivals and live music.
– Interest and experience in CAD and CNC manufacturing.
– Interest and experience in general manufacturing (metal work, wood work etc)
We want to be a great place to be yourself
The Stage Bus is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes creative people. The Company does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, health, gender, disability or any other protected characteristic.
This post is subject to a probationary period. Full terms and conditions will be made available to all successful candidates and may be inspected at the Company’s offices or sent on request.
There is no close date for applications, however the advert will be removed once suitable candidates have been found.
Suitable applicants will be invited to interview and may be asked to attend an event alongside a member of our current staff prior to being offered a post.
References will be requested for the successful candidate after interview.
There is no set start date for this positions, this will be discussed with the successful candidates.